APIthon – short for “API Hackathon” – is one of a kind 2 day event, organized by Abacus Consulting in Lahore from 13-14 Jan, where participants will develop solutions based on available APIs from JSBank, Telenor, and TelenorBank (easypaisa) to disrupt the digital solutions with the help of APIs. In addition to API code jam, there would be a keynote session with tech talks from the relevant industry experts.
This event is for developers, designers, and people with business acumen to team up and disrupt the existing solutions, build new cross-platform integrations, and enhance user experience with innovative ideas that help further the inclusion of API-driven economy.
How to participate?
You can register yourself as an individual or preferably as a team of 2-4 people. Here is the registration link: https://www.apithon.co/
Your registration is not a guarantee of your participation. Every registered individual or team will go through a selection process and selected ones will be informed afterwards.
- 8th Jan – deadline for registration
- 10th Jan – announcement of selected finalists
- 13-14 Jan – the main event
How can you win?
At the end of the hackathon, participants will present their developed solution to the judges and audience. Entries will be evaluated on the basis of the following criteria:
- Business/Application Value
- Presentation by the team
- User Experience
- Technical Strength of the Solution
There are prizes for Top 3 teams. The winners will also be pre-shortlisted and get an opportunity to participate in Momentum Tech Conference happening in February 2018 in Karachi.
The biggest takeaway for all the participants will be to unleash the endless possibilities for their business by consuming the APIs.
Judges & Mentors
The judges and mentors panel is comprised of a select group of seasoned experts and innovators in the industry with background of business, digital payments, technology, and banking. Here is the judges panel,
- Abbas Ali Khan, MD, Abacus Consulting
- Khurram Zafar, Executive Director, LUMS Centre for Entrepreneurship
- Ali Mukhtar, CEO, Fatima Ventures
- Badar Khushnood, Co-founder & Partner, Bramerz
- Khurram Shaikh, Chief Digital Officer, JS Bank
- Omar Moeen Malik, Head of Digital Payments, Telenor Bank
- Humayun Sabir Aziz, Chief Information Officer, Telenor Bank
- Aamir Aftab, Head of Digital & IT Development, Telenor Pakistan
Participants of the hackathon will have the opportunity to get valuable feedback from the mentors to ascertain their project’s value addition and finetune its viability. In addition to some of the experts from judges panel, here are the list of mentors,
- Shoaib Khan, Vice President, Abacus Consulting
- Omer Salimullah, Head of Open Banking & Ecosystem Development, JS Bank
- Riyan Imdad, Digital Enablement Expert, Telenor Pakistan
- Hassan Shahid Arain, Head of Digital Innovation, Telenor Bank
- Tilal Ahmer, Head of Digital Channels & Customer Experience, Telenor Bank
Apart from all the networking opportunity, the whole event is free and in addition, the participants will get free food and snacks along with internet and space to rest while they are at the venue. Travel and lodging expenses will not be covered.
Stay tuned to the event updates on Facebook @APIthon
Don’t wait for the next opportunity – this is it!