What is the first thing that comes to mind when one thinks of hackathons? A group of coders huddled over computers, Right? Now hold that picture, and imagine that instead of an office, they’re sprawled out in front of Dory and Nemo’s friends. This is exactly what will be happening in 65+ cities all over the world on 10th and 11th of February – all for a common goal.
Fishackathon is an epic, global hackathon to help make Earth’s waters, aquaculture, and fisheries more sustainable & equitable. Overfishing and other serious problems harm marine environments. Protections exist, but actual enforcement faces major obstacles.
To combat this, Fishackathon brings together thousands of concerned designers, developers, and subject matter experts for a weekend to build practical tech solutions to endemic problems defined by the world’s most respected fisheries experts.
Save our waters, save our world!
How it works?
As with all HackerNest hackathons, you would need to register as a participant (or as a team). On the day of the event, you will be hooked up with an expert mentor and they will help teams hone their ideas into projects that will solve actual (rather than imagined!) problems. In the end, teams have 3 minutes to present their demos to judges. Then, the ‘city winner’ would move forward to the global finals.
- Visit: https://goo.gl/KvJi6p
- Enter details.
- Add free coupon code in payment details (Limited time): KHIPACPRFH04
- Check email for your ticket
It’s a fun packed two days event. Students and young professionals are encouraged to register for free and participate in this otherwise wise paid global Hackathon.
For the smooth process, we have the following guiding rules for the event,
- We’re all in this together; treat each other right.
- Maximum size of team is 5 people.
- You must participate in person.
- Fresh code expected, but hardware may be pre-built (i.e. a mobile phone = hardware) (if required)
- Follow the HackerNest Code of Conduct.
Following criteria will be judged in order to select the winner,
– impact (how will this improve things?)
– practicality (can it be implemented, is it adoptable?)
– creativity and technical innovation (how cool is this?)
– polish (how well-put-together is the team/demo?)
Winning team/individual(s) will get
- $25K worth of credits from AWS,
- scholarship to join Founders Institute,
- coaching session with Ben Parr and much more!
Location & Timings
Location: Gaditek, 140-H and 141-D, Block II, PECHS, Allama Iqbal Road, Karachi
Timings: February 10th (8:00am) – February 11th (8:00pm)
Check out the free registration process on event’s FB Page: Event’s Page.