|Application Deadline||31st July, 2017|
|Program Length||4months (Sep-Jan)|
If you want to change the world, start from changing yourself and be an example for others to follow. Kulsoom Lakhani, the founder and CEO of Invest2Innovate (i2i) is following the same mantra and is working hard on her vision to help pakistani economy by nurturing the entrepreneurs in the country.
Invest2Innovate motivates and supports startup groups in the fast growing competitive market. It has been fully operational in Pakistan since 2011. i2i believes that the amazing ideas are residing in the great minds of next generation innovators who should be acknowledged from countries like Pakistan, Iran, and Nigeria. However they require mentoring, support and investment. That is the place where i2i kicks in.
Invest2Innovate finds, selects and vets impactful business visionaries for the i2i Accelerator program, a yearly four-month program that gives business support and access to expert mentoring. Since 2012, i2i has boosted 25 new businesses in Pakistan which have gone ahead to bring over $2.5M in capital, scaled their firms, created more than 4,000 employment opportunities and made their social and financial impact in the country.
What does i2i Offer
Over the course of four months program, selected startups receive:
- Access to intensive business support to grow their businesses
- Six in-person sessions over weekends in Islamabad, Karachi and Lahore (and a fun retreat up in Nathiagali!) led by the i2i team and mentors to help groups on topics ranging from branding, customer acquisition to financials and operations.
- At program’s end, entrepreneurs pitch before investors at annual Demo Day and are connected to angel investors for funding.
Meet the 2016-2017 Accelerator Class
Startups mentored by i2i
Since 2012/13, 25 startups have been part of i2i accelerator program and have been bringing value in Pakistans’s economic growth. Most notably
- Raised over $2.5M in capital
- Created over 4000 jobs
Below, we have tried to categorize them under 5 high level domains.
- Smart Security Solutions
Local Empowerment/ Marketplace
How to Apply?
- The i2i is a four-month Accelerator program that runs from September to January each year in Pakistan.
- For year 2017, applications will open from 30th June 2017
- Application Link: http://invest2innovate.com/apply/
Are you Eligible ?
Chances of startups to get enrolled for incubation increase in case they meet the following criteria.
|Running Revenue||Organizations must be revenue driven or the plans of action should have an arrangement for the business to end up generating revenue.|
|Business Registration||In an ideal case, business has to be a registered entity already.|
|Team Availability||The startup team presence must be full-time on their venture within Pakistan.|
|Sustainable Financials||Team must have positive financials or have the arrangements to wind up sound in the following 3-5 years|
|Successful Proof of Concept||The startup team must demonstrate some footing (i.e. income or evidence of idea) on the ground with their products or services.|
|Impact||Teams must make a positive social or ecological impact.|
Terms & Conditions
- i2i chooses seed-stage models i.e. startups looking for key business support and between USD $100K – $200K in investment but only if the idea is innovative, has a large market potential or has a significant and measurable social and/or environmental impact.
- All startups in 2017 will receive a seed grant (around UK Pounds 10K) to be used over the four months to grow their businesses and expand their impact.
- i2i will prefer profit making companies which are already generating revenue on the ground but other businesses will still be considered.
- I2i does not look for entrepreneurs who will be be dependent on financial aid or donations for long time.
About the Founder
Kalsoom Lakhani, Founder / C.E.O Invest2Innovate.
She has a B.A. from the University of Virginia in Foreign Affairs and Middle East Studies, and an M.A. from The George Washington University’s Elliott School of International Affairs in International Affairs/Conflict Resolution.
Kalsoom, being the innovator and change-maker herself, has trained entrepreneurs not just in Pakistan but also in Cambodia, Ireland, Bangladesh, Ukraine, and Kazakhstan. She is an accomplished writer and has written for the likes of Washington Post, The Next Web, Huffington Post and an enthusiast speaker, presenting at World Economic Forum, U.S. Chamber of Commerce, U.S. State Department, and the Global Entrepreneurship Summit.